Hope your week has gone well!
Firstly, I want to say thank you for your commitment to the work of CBTU. We have been doing really good work and we will continue to organize our political influence. We still have work to do – and as Rosemary Brown says, “We must open the doors and we must see to it they remain open, so that others can pass through”.
I want to thank those of you that attended our Membership meeting in person or by phone last Monday (photos of the meeting below). Thank you to our guest speaker Desmond Cole.
Special thanks to our outgoing Board Members who worked tirelessly in the fight for justice. I know you will continue to be members, mentors and “femtors” of many other workers in the Labour Movement and in the community.
Congratulations to our incoming Executive Board!
The new Board Members (effective January 1, 2017) are:
- Yolanda McClean – President
- Chris Wilson – 1st Vice President
- Holmann Richard – 2nd Vice President
- Jonathan Lobo – Treasurer / Financial Secretary
- Andrea McCormack – Recording Secretary
- Isabelle Miller – Communications Secretary
- Mark Brown – Social Media Officer
- Tricia Watt – Membership Secretary
- Dennis Williams – Member at Large
- Colin Husbands – Retiree Member at Large
- Laurie Antonin – Youth Member at Large
- Felicia Samuel – Trustee
- Megan Whitfield – Trustee
We look forward to working with you on a productive and progressive strategic plan.
To our members, “thank you “for believing in CBTU and making it “Home” for so many. Join a committee and be a part of another 20 years as we continue to build – Onward – Upward and Forward.
I look forward to seeing all of you tonight at our 20th Annual Dinner Dance Fundraiser!
Yolanda McClean, President